Polyimide films are used in the electronics industry where heat is a concern for manufacturing. Polyimide tape, like Kapton tape or Kapton polyimide film, is designed for applications that require protection from these high temperatures.
Our polyimide films and tapes are custom converted to meet your exact specifications and needs. The films are converted to numerous different shapes and sizes based on your requirements. These are also converted to make machine applied products very friendly.
At AMD Converting & Label we’ve developed a proprietary converting process that has proven to provide substantial cost savings to our customers, increasing their profitability.
Our Polyimide Tape Features:
- Offered in various thicknesses to meet virtually any application, including 1 mil, 2 mil, 5, mil and 10 mil
- High temperature resistance
- Tear and abrasion resistance
- Pressure sensitive adhesive thermosets to increase adhesion values
- Both acrylic adhesive & silicone adhesive available
- Very minimal residue allows for easy clean up and minimizes rejects
- Transparent film allows you to observe the board during processing
- Resistance to acids, chemicals, oils, solvents, aging staining and water immersion
- Protects gold contacts from molten solder during hot air wave solder leveling process
In addition to our converting process, we offer the following:
- Extensive tooling library
- A wide variety of shapes and sizes
- Custom converted to your exact specification and needs
- High temperature resistance up to 500ºF (degrees Fahrenheit)
- Die Electric strength up to 6500V
- UL510 Approved for Flame Retardancy
- If required, we can meet MIL Spec MIL-P-46112B
For more information on our custom tape and other services, please contact us! If you are ready to start working together, call us at (262) 513-8600.